Thursday, May 5, 2016



    MY FARMHOUSE BUTCHER BLOCK TABLE RE-DO
                & DINING ROOM HUTCH REDO ; 

                         a work in progress. 

I have had this Oak , Farmhouse Butcher block Table for 27 years and have loved it dearly, but, now, I feel like it needed a serious update, into the 21st Century.  I painted it my favorite color, Peacock Blue, using the Olympic ONE paint color: Jamaican Dream and used Valspar Dark Acrylic Wax over it .
Here is the ''work in progress" .....
I purchased a Dining Room Hutch
on Craigslist and refinished it 
in my favorite shade of blue 
Peacock Blue. 

Scroll down to the end to see 
the after pics .


                               I added some carved, wooden
          scroll work overlays that I purchased at 
         Hobby Lobby for less than $5 for 2 and I 
           was able to use their 40% off Coupon.  


I plan to add more of the dark wax
over the Peacock Blue. 
These are the carved, wooden Overlays . 

I plan to paint the Tabletop, whipping cream color like the Armoire I posted.  

I then, will draw a French Motif on it that says something about a Patisserie and Cacao . 

 That will be in a few months.  I will post pics of the finished Table, when I get around to finishing it.
I purchased some chairs off of Craigslist, for $12 each.
I went back to Hobby Lobby and purchased
some French Script Fabric and I 
reupholstered my chairs. 
I did a pretty good job
considering  
that it was 
my first
    time .
Here, is the end result.  







No comments:

Post a Comment