Wednesday, May 4, 2016

MY ARMOIRE RE-DO

I have had this Armoire for 20 years and never did paint or stain it.  I decided to paint it Milk Chocolate Brown, then, paint it Whipping Cream White and make it look worn, French Shabby Chic.  I did not have to do any sanding, because I accidentally figured out how to paint it to look worn.  I did this by accidentally overloading my paint brush and painting thick and heavy in some areas, and practically ''dry brushing'' in other places.  Ta-Da !!! It was automatically Shabby Chic .  I added some more of those beloved , carved, wooden Overlays, from Hobby Lobby; my most favorite store , ever.  This gave me so much confidence, that I decided to paint my 35 year old Oak, Butcherblock Harvest Table.  I will show pics of the Table, in the next post.                              





The results are exactly what I have always wanted. I am so very pleased and it only took 3/4 of a pint of paint.

Here is a close up of the overlays. 
 Sorry that I did not take a pic of it after painting the overlays on top of the Armoire.  I thought I had.  The black wire on the left side, is the antena wire.


No comments:

Post a Comment