Monday, October 24, 2016


                       
               
  APPLE CINNAMON PECAN CAKE 
      WITH PECAN PRALINE ICING 
            MY VERY OWN RECIPE 




I adore Autumn and the colors of the trees here in East Tenn.and I love apples (which are an Autumn fruit). I live the whole year waiting for the 1st sign of Autumn. I love all the spectacular colors of the leaves and the cool crisp feeling in the air that is so invigorating. It is so beautiful here. It puts me in the mood to bake pies and cakes and to cook great big pots of beef stew and cornbread. I developed a recipe for cornbread that tastes almost identical to "Cracker Barrel's" cornbread. I'll share it on another day. I have made a list of my Favorite Recipes that I intend to share on this blog. I have 19 or 20 ; the Best of the Absolute Best of my collection; my most Praised and most Requested recipes. 
Today, I am sharing my :

APPLE CINNAMON PECAN CAKE :




1 Betty Crocker butter recipe yellow cake mix,
Mix according to pkg. directions,
FOLD IN:
1 large red delicious apple, chopped 
2 Tablespoons cinnamon(yes, I put 2 Tablespoons of cinn., NOT teaspoons): 
***nobody has ever complained that it was too delicious*** 
1 box of vanilla instant pudding (dry)
2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract 
1/2 cup chpd. Pecans

Pour batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan. 

Bake as directed on the pkg. .
***I bake it for 38 minutes on 350 degrees and check it 
with a toothpick. 
I like to frost this cake with Praline (prah-leen) Icing, Vanilla Buttercream Icing or the traditional 
Cream Cheese Icing .

Praline Icing :
1 bar of real butter , melted 

1 cup of white, granulated sugar
1 16 oz. can Evaporated Milk
1 tspn. pure Vanilla Extract
Pecans chopped for garnishing

Melt the butter in a large heavy pot , 
then, add the sugar and stir for 1 minute, 
until the sugar begins to melt,stirring 
constantly with a wooden spoon over 
medium heat.  Add Evap. Milk slowly, a
little bit at a time, until incorporated . 
Cook, stirring until the color begins to 
change to a light, caramel color.
Remove from the heat and add the pure

vanilla.  Stir vigorously . 
  
When it begins to thicken, test it in a cup
of ice cold water; if it has reached the hard 
ball stage, it is ready to pour over the cake.




No comments:

Post a Comment