Monday, October 24, 2016



                         TAMI'S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES



Almost everybody I know loves chocolate chip cookies ; very few don't like them.

I am known for my chocolate chip cookies and have been asked by many people for my recipe , men have even asked me for it.


I will share it with you. I used to be able to find chocolate chunks by Hershey's or Nestle' in the grocery store when I lived in Florida. They don't sell them here.

They make fabulous "Chocolate Chunk Cookies" .


Tami's Chocolate Chip Cookies:

1 bar butter
1/2 cup butter flavor Crisco shortening
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
Cream all together.

Add:

2 cups plain flour
1 tsp. baking soda (level teaspoon)
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsps. of Pure Vanilla Extract (not imitation)
Beat well til creamed .
Add:
1 Lg. egg

Mix Only until well incorporated.
****Do Not overbeat .
12 oz. bag Nestle' semi-sweet chocolate chips
(I also love Hershey's and Ghiradelli's )

****Never use something that reads
Chocolate Flavored***it is fake 
and never use carob chips(they taste fake
and gross).



Fold-in the chocolate chips .


If  you overbeat your cookie dough , they will not rise well. 


Chill first, for best results .
TIP: I use a Med. size ice cream scoop to make the
cookies uniform. 
TIP: Do not flatten out your cookie dough balls. It is fabulous. 

Bake cookies on the middle rack of the oven for approximately 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees. They are wonderful. 

Once baked, let cool on the cookie sheet for about 
2-3 mins.,then, remove to a wire rack to cool . 
I like them a little bit gooey with a glass of ice cold milk.


No comments:

Post a Comment