Sunday, September 13, 2015


           LITTLE KARYN'S DELICIOUS MEATLOAF


I love this recipe and you will, too .  My roommate gave it to me in 1980. It is my favorite meatloaf recipe of all time.  It freezes well, too.  There are few dishes that are are considered Comfort Foods , that taste better than this one.  I was caught offguard, when I saw that it calls for condensed milk and also, brown sugar, but, after I tasted it, I was sold .  This would be an excellent Sunday Dinner or a special dinner with friends , just add some creamy mashed potatoes and your favorite mac-n-cheese or vegetable and you will make some people feel very special and loved.
Preheat oven to 350° . If you want your meatloaf to be tall, rather than wide, refrigerate your prepared meatloaf until firm, before baking, but, ** be sure to put the chilled dish into a cold oven, and then turn it on, or , you will crack your glass loaf pan.

Meatloaf :
1 ½  lbs. ground Chuck
1 sm. onion, chpd. fine
¼ sm. bellpepper, chpd. fine
½ cup oatmeal
1 lg. egg
¼ cup condensed milk
1 sm. can tomato paste (not sauce)
 salt , pepper & garlic salt


Mix all and shape in a loaf pan or , if using
a metal pan, line with 2 sheets of foil; one crossing
over the other, to prevent having baked-on sauce to scrub off the pan.

Shape the meatloaf in the pan.


Glaze:
1 sm. can tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons of worcestershire sauce
½  cup brown sugar ( I use dark brown sugar)



Mix glaze in a small glass measuring cup .  Poke
holes, in the top of the meatloaf ,every 2 inches.


Pour glaze on top of meatloaf and bake.
Bake for 1 hour @350° .


Enjoy !


No comments:

Post a Comment