Sunday, September 13, 2015



My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Image result for free pics of cookies to download

Got Milk???
Image result for free pics of cookies to download

Almost everbody I know loves chocolate chip cookies ; very few don't like them.

I am known for my chocolate chip cookies and have been asked by many people for my recipe , men have even asked me for it.

I will share it with you. I used to be able to find chocolate chunks by Hersheys or Nestle' in the grocery store when I lived in Florida. They don't sell them here.
They make fabulous "Chocolate Chunk Cookies" .
Tamars' Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 bar butter
1/2 cup butter flavor Crisco shortening
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
Cream all together.

Add:
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp. baking soda (level teaspoon)
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsps. of Pure Vanilla Extract (not imitation)
Beat well til creamed .
Add:
1 Lg. egg

Mix Only until well incorporated.
****Do Not overbeat .
12 oz. bag Nestle' semi-sweet chocolate chips
(I also love Hersheys' and Ghiradelli's )
****Never use something that reads
Chocolate Flavored***it is fake 
and never use carob chips(they taste fake
and gross).
Fold-in the chocolate chips .

Chill first, for best results .
TIP: I use a Med. size ice cream scoop to make the
cookies uniform. It's the Pampered Chef one.
TIP: Do not flatten out your cookie dough balls. It is fabulous. 

Bake cookies on the middle rack of the oven for approximately 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees. They are wonderful. 
Once baked, let cool on the cookie sheet for about 2-3 minutes , then remove to a wire rack to cool. 
I like them a little bit gooey with a glass of ice cold milk.  
Image result for free pics of cookies to download

I have a medium size Parrot who Loves Cookies and Milk. She doesn't like 
homemade cookies, only Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies. She gets so excited if 
she hears me open the cabinet, or even more so, if she hears me open a bag of
Chips Ahoy . She shreiks at the top of her little lungs,"Cookies??Cookies??",
"Want Cookies??" "Cookies and Milk??" 
I don't let her eat the chocolate chips.
When she is full, she wipes her beak and walks to the back of her cage. She is so funny.






No comments:

Post a Comment