Thursday, September 17, 2015

  My Headboard that I made from doors

I purchased a brand new , 6 panel door for $25 , a reg.
bi-fold door from a roadside sale, for $5 and I found a
more narrow, bi-fold door near the dumpster at the apts.
I live in; it had 1 hole where the doorknob was ripped out.   I unscrewed 1 door on each bi-fold set and swapped 1 door from each set, so that it would be symetrical.  I mixed some paints but, never could achieve the right color . Here is the result.

I bought some paint at Lowe's , called Robin's Egg and repainted the doors.  It took 2 coats.


I had begun to paint the larger bi-fold door that you see in the left side of the pic .

Here is a close up. 


You can see the contrast of the bird and the doors .
The bird was the original color.

I added a carved , wooden overlay to the center door.



Then, I added a small overlay to cover the hole and1 on the
opposite side , to make it symetrical.




I absolutely love this color.  It is so soothing and calming.
I am painting the overlays, cream color.
When I am done, I will post a pic of the headboard
with the French Duvet Cover that I have in the
first pic.
If you can't afford to buy something in the stores,
try to make it yourself.  It is so rewarding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment