Tuesday, September 1, 2015

MY MOM'S MAHOGANY CHOCOLATE CAKE

Every Christmas,my family got so excited when Mom would make her fabulous Mahogany Cake. It tastes great on the 1st day, but,as it sits, it gets more and more delicious. 

It is not overly sweet,not overly chocolately, but it is so delicious. It does not need Icing. It has cherries and cherry juice in it. I love any dessert that has cherries and cherry juice in it. 

We ate the cake "A'la mode"; with a scoop of Vanilla or French Vanilla Ice Cream. 

I have never met anyone who had ever heard of Mahogany Cake. My Sweet Momma is in Heaven now and I want to pass on her legacy to my Daughter and I pray that she will pass it on to her children and to her childrens' children. 

MAHOGANY CHOCOLATE CAKE 

4 CUPS OF SUGAR
4 CUP FLOUR 
1 CUP COCOA 
1 CUP BUTTERMILK
4 EGGS 
2 TSP. VANILLA 
1 CUP OIL
1 CUP OF BOILING WATER
2 TSP. BAKING SODA
1 TSP. SALT
2 JARS OF CHERRIES AND JUICE 
1 TSP. OF CINNAMON 
Mix all ingredients in a heavy , "Magnalite pot" and bake at 300* until a wooden
skewer inserted in the center, comes out clean.
Let cool in the pot and serve it from the pot.
I know you will enjoy this cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment